Friday, May 18, 2012

I have high cholesterol.....

Well, that is what the print out from the Doctor said!  I had my yearly check-up that I always do, checking all my levels are where they should be, keeping things in check and I was super curious to see if my cholesterol had increased this visit due to following a higher fat diet the last 8 or so months.

I didn't have my usual doctor, which is a shame as she is quite interested in my progress with the primal/paleo diet.  My MUCH younger doctor was "ooh, Miss Martin, your total cholesterol has gone up from 5.2 to 6.2 mmol/L".  I was like oooh show me!! He printed out the results and the first thing I noticed what that my HDL cholesterol had RISEN from 1.7 to 2.4 and my CRF-Cholesterol/Ratio had gone from 3.1 to 2.6!! So I am sure he thought I was MAD as I was like, that is great news doctor, thanks so much. 














The first person I thought about was a friend/doctor/primal follower, Anastasia.  
About a year ago I remember having a coffee catch up her, she was quite keen to start her own blog to discuss & reconcile conventional medical wisdom with primal evolutionary concepts, which I thought was FASCINATING.   Having just commenced a new role in my current job in social media, I was buzzing with tips and pushing her to blog, so glad she did!!

Every instalment that got published I couldn't wait to read it and sometimes would squeal with delight when she discussed fat, high cholesterol etc! 

I use the archive section of her blog quite frequently to refer other people too when they ask me, why are you eating that for breakfast?  Eggs everyday is bad for you etc etc.  Check out a couple blog posts below from Primalmeded.

Reference 1: Framework of Common Sense... why we are so silly sometimes.
Reference 2: My reading choice today, on Day Two of the Whole9 experience myself.

So, where to go from here? I will still get my blood tests done every year and will be interesting to see how they fathom next year.  

Next blog post: My journey so far on the Whole9 30 day challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment