Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nine months since last dexascan........

To measure my progress NOT JUST ON THE SCALE whilst completing the Michelle Bridges 12 week program last year, I had regular dexascan's to show my total body composition.  For me this is a much more scientific way to see how MY body is made up. To show total  body fat, muscle mass and most importantly bone density.

I am a big believer that the scales make you miserable, period. The scales do not give you an accurate breakdown of muscle v fat.  Society is obsessed with the scales, we have an ideal number in our head instead of having a clear cut goal ie I would like to lose 5% bodyfat and increase muscle by 2kgs...  this could mean your weight on the scale doesn't budge but you will look smaller and leaner (not toned, remember that word does NOT exist)! 

You can be the same weight and be in smaller clothes, look leaner and you will be healthier/fitter and happier too! Isn't that what we all want, to be healthy and happy?  

My goal last year was to enter the Oxygen cover competition - I was so happy with my training and results I got a photo shoot done and also managed to have a little snippet of me in the Oxygen Magazine.  Just entering was a HUGE goal for me.





So in about an hours time, I will get my new numbers to see where I am at.  To see what my starting point is for the next 9 weeks.  I know I will have increased bodyfat, but am keen to see where.  I really want to know how my muscle mass is and to ensure my bone density is the same or higher.  

Watch this space.... figures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment